Reach A Deeper Understanding of Your Horse and Yourself…Respect, Impulsion, Fun • Emotional Collection
Stage 3 is all Online and Liberty which is groundwork, and, we want to keep you riding while you are here too. Completion of Stage 2 is required in order to take Stage 3.
Can you imagine knowing the secrets of control without force and communication without ropes?
This is where the magic of horsemanship starts.
Learn to tell the critical difference between a lack of understanding or confidence versus disrespect and the different ways to deal with each.
Stages 3, 4 (and 5) take horsemanship into realms far beyond what most people do with horses every day and where the fun really begins! Learn to tell the critical difference between a lack of understanding or confidence versus disrespect and the different ways to deal with each. These stages also explore impulsion, (where go=whoa) which is why you’ll feel less and less need to use the reins for control. Horsemanship is made up of four Savvys, two on the ground, Online ( and Liberty; and two on the horses back: Freestyle and Finesse.
Stage 3 is where the magic of communication starts to come into play involving more distance (longer lines) and precision, and where Liberty starts – communication without the ropes at all. Stage 4 is all in the saddle – everything that was learned in Stages 1 & 2, combined with the groundwork in Stage 3, takes your horsemanship to a whole new ease of understanding, confidence, and ability. Problems that arise can now be viewed as opportunities to learn and challenging situations in the past often cease to exist.
Highlights of what is covered in Stage 3 & 4:
- Further develop and build on everything in Stage 1 & 2
- On Line (a 22’ Line), Liberty, Freestyle, Finesse
- Drive and Draw
- Concepts and philosophy of the round pen
- Finding, creating and not losing the connection
- Equine Relationship Skills
- Natural Riding Principles
- 7 Elements in the saddle
- Introduction to the Bit
- Happy Paste Worming
- Fast, safe and easy gate handling from your horses back
- 4 Responsibilities of the Horse
- 4 Responsibilities of the Rider
- Secrets of Impulsion, Impulsion Programs
- Positive Reflexes
- Canter Leads
- Simple Lead Changes
- Supporting Rein
- The Soft Feel
- Trailer loading from a distance
- Fluidity Concepts
- Simulations on ‘Mighty Broncy’
- Trail Riding Safety can lead to fun; challenge your savvy and riding skills on our challenge course, trotting track and river valley trails
Detailed Task Sheets for each Stage are available to students breaking down each of the skills covered.
Contact us for a copy of the Task Sheets and check out the calendar for upcoming Camps and Clinics.