Glenn Stewart has been working with horses and their owners for over 40 years teaching thousands of students his Horse Development Program.
Glenn’s work with and knowledge of horses is diverse. He travels extensively each year delivering horsemanship clinics across Canada, the United States in South America and Europe. Glenn leads camps at his home in Fort St. John at The Horse Ranch. For 19 consecutive years, he led the Learning Holiday Adventure High & Wild in the Northeastern Rocky Mountains – a remote location 160 kilometers from the nearest roads. Glenn was in charge of the horse program and developing 200+ herd of wild horses. This included: the breeding program, seasonal round-up, the taming/gentling, foot breaking, trimming, overall maintenance of the herd and welfare. Ultimately horses were prepared annually for people from all over the world, with varying degrees of horsemanship abilities to be able to safely ride in the wilderness of the Canadian Rockies.
“I believe people get into horses because they love the thrill and connection that is possible. I also believe the connection and thrill of a good partnership with your horse is much deeper than most realize, and, is worth the effort.”
– Glenn Stewart
Glenn has a diverse background and education, and, unique expertise to offer.
Some of Glenn’s Awards include:
- Champion, 2019 Heart of the Horse Colt Starting Competition, Alberta Canada
- Canadian Representative 2012 World Championship of Colt Starting, Tennessee USA
- Champion, 2010 Cowboy Up Challenge, Calgary Stampede, Alberta Canada
- Nominated for Western Horseman of the Year
Glenn has been asked by a variety of organizations to be a keynote speaker or lead team building and leadership training for:
- public and private corporations
- oil and gas industry leaders
- Candian billionaire business leaders
- leadership conference for medical professionals
Western College of Veterinary Medicine
- civic leaders and city managers
- Talk of the Town
- equine expositions and competitions
Management Consulting in:
- development of equine facilities for a variety of disciplines
- implementing horse development programs
- equine professionals
- business development